Arboricultural Woodland and Landscaping Consultancy (Tree Consultancy)
Fiona Melville is a fully qualified and experienced Forester, Arboriculturalist as well as Professional Tree Inspector. Her qualifications include:
- a Diploma in Forestry, a First Class BSc (Honours) in Arboriculture and the Certificate in Practical Horticulture, with Merits from the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh.
- Professional Indemnity and Public & Employers Liability Insurance.
- Fiona has worked extensively in the public, private and commercial sectors.
The professional services we offer include:
- Specialist Arboricultural advice;
- We offer advice on species choice and specification for installation of specimen trees in the urban areas.
- We also offer species identification and tree inventories.
- As well as this, we give advice on management of tree pests and diseases.
- We provide information on identifying wood decay fungi, assessment of biomechanical and biological features and how this impacts safety.
- We offer advice on planning applications specific to existing trees on suggested development sites.
- Our specialist offers guidance on root protection for trees affected by road and path works.
- We will give advice for retention of older trees on potential development sites.
- Furthermore, advice on Trees and Bats, Trees and Protected Species, Trees and Development Sites can be given. As well as Tree Preservation Orders, Conservation Areas, Ancient Scheduled Monument Sites and High Hedges.
- We offer advice on management of trees in Designed Garden Landscapes.
- Additionally, advice can be given on establishment & aftercare.
- We offer Professional Tree Inspection (LANTRA) for private and commercial clients to meet BS 5837:(2012)
- As well as the above, we offer Street Tree and Veteran Tree Surveys and Management Plans and specification of remedial works to reduce risk.
- We can give advice on the design, management and landscaping of iconic woodland sites.
- Also, we offer advice on planting trees on challenging sites.
- Advice on management of contract works is a service we offer.
- Additionally, we offer advice on Woodland Management Plans, applications to Forestry Grant Scheme, Heritage Lottery Fund and SUSTRANS.
- We offer advice on hardwood timber marketing.
- Finally, we offer advice on GIS mapping, preparation of map packages and preparation of files for use in CAD file format.
If you are looking for arboricultural advice, we would love to help you out. For more information on this service, please do not hesitate to contact us.